Built in 1880, The Continental is the first hotel in Vietnam and contemporary of Notre Dame Cathedral (1880), the City Post Office (1891) and the Municipal Theatre (1898). In 1878, Pierre Cazeau, a French businessman who made a fortune in building material, started the construction of this hotel. After two years, it has been inaugurated and quickly becomes the privileged place of all the good French society of Saigon. André Malraux and his wife stayed there in 1924 and 1925, Graham Green was a regular in the 1950s, and it was also very frequented by journalists at the time of the war. The hotel changed owners several times, until 1930 when Mathieu Franchini, who managed it for 30 years, bought it. Then his son Philippe took over until 1975.
After 1975, it remained closed until 1989, was nationalized and remains today a symbol of the French presence in Indochina.
Located on Dong Khoi Street (former Catinat Street), it is still in the heart of the city’s busiest district.
Superior rooms, Deluxe Garden or City view, Opera Wing rooms, Heritage rooms & suites
Le Bourgeois Restaurant (classic decoration, western cuisine), Continental Palace Restaurant (breakfast inside or in the patio), La Dolce Vita Café under the veranda overlooking the Opera and the modern Union Square shopping mall.